Daily Workout Routine for Women over 40 – What are the Basics You Need to Know?
Do you want a daily workout routine for women over 40? There are many benefits from this: You’ll feel stronger and more energetic, your health will improve and a daily workout routine for women will help you losing weight after 40.
Daily Workout Routine for Women- Why Oxygen is So Important
Some of our body cells work like little power plants: They burn sugar and fat to produce energy – mostly to generate heat. Sugar can be burned with and without oxygen, while fat can only be burned with oxygen. If you want to lose weight after 40 and have a daily workout routine for women over 40 you need to make sure you get enough oxygen. My best tips to increase your oxygen supply for losing weight after 40 are:
- Breath deeply and slowly – women over 40 are often stressed and breath very shallow
- Avoid smoking and passive smoking (second hand smoke)
- Go outside often, and get fresh air into your office and house as often as possible
- Have some aerobic exercise daily- exercising helps in distributing oxygen all through your body
- Do some endurance sports (fast pace walking, running, biking, hiking etc.)
- Don’t strain yourself- if you put too much pressure on your body the fat burning using oxygen will switch to burning sugar without oxygen. A clear sign of that are sore muscles
- Your daily workout routine for women over 40 should last at least half an hour. The body burns sugar first before it starts to burn fat (generally, the body tries to hold on to fat as strongly as possible, making losing weight after 40 particularly hard)
- You can train your muscles to use fat as fuel instead of sugar. The best way to do this is by having a daily workout routine
Daily Workout Routine for Women- Workout Routines to Include
You need to include three types workouts in your daily workout routine for women over 40:
- Workout routines to build muscles (strength workout routines for women)
- Workout routines to stimulate your cardiovascular system (cardio workout routines for women)
- Workout routines to increase flexibility (flexibility workout routines for women)
I’ll cover these 3 areas in depth in my next articles to help you losing weight after 40. Having a daily workout routine for women in place is very helpful to lose weight after 40.
- Need A Fat-Burning Exercise Program?
- Who likes to exercise?
- Exercise Routines Over 40 – What Kind of Exercise Women over 40 Need
- Your Daily Wellness Exercise Routine- Especially for Women over 40
©2010 CatchYourCalling.com, LLC, All Rights Reserved.