Exercise Routines for Women to Lose Fat
Exercise Routines for Women to Lose Fat – Depending on Your Age, Certain Routines Work Better Than Others
What type of exercise routines for women to lose fat really work? Much of what is effective depends on your age. For a woman after 40, hormones, a sluggish metabolism and other factors affect the type of exercise that will offer the best results. Osteoporosis is also a key factor, as when women reach a certain age it’s important to incorporate activities that help strengthen bones. Whether you want to lose weight or just tone up those fatty areas, the information in this article will help you achieve the toned, slim body you desire.
Exercise Routines for Women to Lose Fat- Problems With “No Time”
Ask many women and they will say they “just don’t have time” for exercise in their busy schedules. If you want a toned, firm body at any age, you can make the time. Get up a little earlier in the morning, or work two 10 minute routines in to your day. The secret that many women don’t know about exercise is that you don’t have to do it all at once!
Exercise routines for women to lose fat involve strength training, cardiovascular exercise and flexibility moves like you find in pilates and yoga. In order to lose weight and burn fat, practice strength training moves for one segment, then later on in the day do 10 or 15 minutes of cardiovascular exercise such as aerobics, bicycle riding or brisk walking.
When you break up your routines in to smaller time periods, it’s easier to keep on track and it won’t seem like you spend all of your time exercising.
Exercise Routines for Women to Lose Fat- Problems With Getting Older
A woman after 40 needs to go about losing fat a little differently than those who are younger. Why? Because at this age, hormones are fluctuating, metabolism slows, and cortisol levels caused by stress tend to cause weight gain around the abdomen. When you want to lose weight, the best thing you can do to lose it and keep it off are to do the types of exercises mentioned above, and eat a healthy diet rich in fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grain breads and pastas and lean meats. Not only does this give exceptional results, you will see that you can maintain a slim, strong, and toned body for life!
Exercise Routines for Women to Lose Fat- Some Facts
Here are a few facts about exercise routines for women to lose fat:
- Pilates and yoga increase flexibility and give you the long, lean muscles you often see in ballet dancers. These types of moves also help greatly in reducing stress, another important factor when you want to lose weight.
- Strength training is often avoided by a woman after 40 because of the fear that they will build huge muscles similar to those seen on male bodybuilders. If this is why you avoid strength training, you have nothing to worry about. Using light weights (about 3 to 10 lbs.) will build a slight amount of muscle, but only enough to give you a firm, toned look. This muscle will work to increase metabolism, which means your body will burn fat and calories for hours after your workout.
- Cardiovascular exercise is great not only for burning calories, it helps to increase your endurance and strengthens the heart and lungs.
For the best results, a woman after 40 should incorporate all of these activities in order to see spectacular results. If you need to lose weight as well, combine these activities with a healthy diet.
Exercise Routines for Women to Lose Fat-How Often to Exercise
Exercise routines for women to lose fat absolutely work, but the results you achieve depend on how often you do them and the durations of your sessions. If you are in a hurry to get fit and lose that fat, make sure you exercise 6 to 7 days per week for at least 30 minutes per day. If a slower pace is right for you, do the types of exercise mentioned above at least 3 to 4 days per week.
Are you ready to see a change in your body? Lose weight and get rid of the fat by getting active! You will be amazed that at 40+, you can have the body of someone half your age.
Recommended reading for “Exercise Routines for Women to Lose Fat”:
- Exercise Routines for Women Over 40 – What Kind of Exercise Women over 40 Need
- Exercise and Workouts for Women Over Age 40 – What Works
- Daily Workout Routine for Women over 40 – What are the Basics You Need to Know?
- Hungry After Exercise? For Women over 40
Do you have a comment on “Exercise Routines for Women to Lose Fat”? Use the comments section below! I love to hear from you.
©2010 CatchYourCalling.com, LLC, All Rights Reserved.