Free Exercises for Women
Free Exercises for Women – Women Over 40 Need Exercise to Maintain Health & Vitality!
Are there any free exercises for women for women over 40? A woman over 40 must do exercises for women in order to lose weight; even if you don’t have much to lose, a good exercise regimen will keep your bones strong, your muscles lean, and your body in a slim, healthy condition. As women age, the state of their health and looks naturally decline, so it is essential that you do all you can to maintain a youthful, healthy appearance well into your golden years.
Free Exercises for Women- Common Misconceptions
Unfortunately, many people have the misconception that the only people who need to exercise and stay active are those that are overweight. This is absolutely not true; a woman over 40, even one who is slim and trim, will glow from within and have a long, healthy life if she exercises on a regular basis. If you do need to lose weight, exercise is definitely a must! Dieting does help you cut back on calories and fat, but exercise is what really revs up your metabolism and kicks the fat-burning process in to gear!
You don’t have to join a gym or health club, and you don’t have to buy an exercise video or pay a personal trainer to get your body in to the best shape of your life. How can you find free exercises for weight loss for women over 40? This is relatively easy; you can either create your own routine from those exercises you see on 30 minute infomercials, you can find free examples online, and many women’s magazines offer exercise routines that are effective.
The main thing is to get busy doing something, whether it is brisk walking, jogging, bicycling, pilates or weight bearing exercise. In fact, a combination of the above is one of the best free exercises for women; women over 40 respond well to a combination of cardiovascular activity and stress-reduction exercise like you find with pilates and yoga.
Free Exercises for Women- Some Examples
If you need to lose weight, whether you’re 10 pounds or 80 pounds overweight, here are some examples of effective activities for a woman over 40:
- Brisk walking is good for your entire body, because all of your muscles are involved. If you live in an area where there are slight hills, even better! You want to walk at a pace that gets your heart rate up slightly, and try to walk one mile each day. Of course, you want to start out easy, so begin with 1/2 mile and build up your distance.
- Weight bearing exercise. This is one of the best free exercises for women over 40 helping you to lose weight. In your own home, you can perform these exercises on a mat. Pilates is great, because you use your own body weight in many of the resistance moves. It is all about building your core strength, which tones your tummy and abdomen, and helps give you a strong back.
Other weight bearing exercises can be done with light hand weights, starting out slowly with 3 lbs. then gradually increasing the weight to about 8 or 10 lbs. Perform squats, lunges and other leg exercises with this additional weight, and you will see results much faster – plus your metabolism will soar through the roof!
- Chores and favorite hobbies. A woman over 40 should look at nearly every activity she does as a way to lose weight. When you’re mopping the kitchen floor, put all your might into the chore. Mow the grass with a push mower to burn up the calories. Walk up and down the stairs, and never use an elevator when you are shopping or running errands if stairs are available.
- Canoeing, bicycling, swimming and other “fun” activities burn the fat and calories as well, so always keep in mind what you can do that will even burn 20 or 30 more calories.
Free Exercises for Women- Be Creative!
Look around you and you will see there are plenty of free exercises for women over 40. Create your own unique routine, and put it in to action! Combine cardio activity with those that stretch and strengthen the muscles, and you will have a combination that gives you a beautifully toned, slim body. For a woman over 40, it is easier than ever to lose weight, as long as you are willing to trade your current lifestyle for one that is a bit healthier.
Recommended reading for “free exercises for women”:
- Exercise and Workouts for Women Over Age 40 – What Works
- Who likes to exercise?
- Your Daily Wellness Exercise Routine- Especially for Women over 40
- Need A Fat-Burning Exercise Program?
Do you have a comment on “Free Exercises for Women”? Use the comments section below! I love to hear from you.
©2010 CatchYourCalling.com, LLC, All Rights Reserved.