What to Eat to Lose Belly Fat
As a Woman Over 40, Do You Wonder What to Eat to Lose Belly Fat?
What to eat to lose belly fat? As a woman over 40, you may have asked yourself this question time and time again. There are many factors that contribute to a bigger waist line after a certain age including stress, hormonal imbalances and eating the wrong foods. Many women going through or just before menopause experience insomnia, which has also been shown to contribute to weight gain.
If you have often wondered what to eat to lose belly fat (or even wondered if there are such foods), you will find the information you’re looking for in this article. As a woman over 40, you know that life is just beginning! Having a bulge around your middle is not part of your plan, and you don’t have to live with it.
What to Eat to Lose Belly Fat (For a Woman over 40)
Before we go in to the foods you should eat to whittle your waistline, let’s be clear about one thing: You cannot simply add these foods and keep eating unhealthy foods! An “eating makeover” may be in order. Include nutritious foods like fruits, vegetables and whole grains, and limit your intake of saturated fats, starchy and processed foods and whole-fat dairy products.
Great Ideas on What to Eat to Lose Belly Fat
As a woman over 40, you likely have no idea what to eat to lose belly fat. Here are a few good ideas that work:
- Confine your grocery shopping to the perimeter of the store. This is where you find fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meat, fish, chicken, etc.
- Eat whole grains and fibrous foods. Fruits, oats, beans, whole wheat spaghetti, peas, broccoli and bran flakes all contain a good amount of fiber, which is important for keeping you full and satisfied so that you avoid getting the “munchies” between meals.
- Fat burning foods. Certain foods rev up the metabolism, which means increased fat and calorie burn. Dark chocolate, almonds, grapefruit, avacados and other foods containing “good” fats (monounsaturated) are effective for burning that belly fat.
- Dairy products. As a woman over 40 you do NOT want to eat whole-fat dairy products such as cheese, ice cream and milk. However, eating low-fat or fat-free dairy products is good for you, as long as they contain calcium, which has been shown to target belly fat.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts, salmon, tuna, mackerel and other foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids are great for burning fat around the middle, and help combat the effect of a stress hormone known as cortisol that causes fat accumulation around the abdominal area.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water each day. While this is clearly not a food, water fills you up, hydrates your body and speeds up metabolism. Drink your share! Your skin will look radiant which is just an added bonus.
Now that you know what to eat to lose belly fat there is no excuse! As a woman over 40, you can be just as slim and sexy as you were in your twenties. This is a period in most women’s lives when they have a good career, have settled in their lives and are more self-confident than ever. Why spoil your “prime” with a spare tire around your middle? Whether the rest of your body is long and lean or you could stand to lose some weight in other areas, these foods will definitely prove beneficial.
What to Eat to Lose Belly Fat – What Else can You Do?
Throw in stress reduction, a good night’s sleep each night and about 30 minutes of physical activity every day, and you can banish that belly fat for good. You know what to eat to lose belly fat, now get started on a new eating plan and see those inches melt away right before your eyes.
Recommended reading for “What to Eat to Lose Belly Fat”:
- Foods to Eat to Lose Belly Fat
- Exercise Routines for Belly Fat for Women
- How to Lose Belly Fat For Busy Women Over 40
- Food to Eat to Lose Belly Fat
Do you have a comment on “What to Eat to Lose Belly Fat”? Use the comments section below! I love to hear from you.
©2010 CatchYourCalling.com, LLC, All Rights Reserved.