Losing Weight at 40- Tips for Losing Weight at 40
Losing Weight at 40 Isn’t a Picnic? Try These Simple Tips
Losing weight at 40 is one of the biggest problem many women face as they grow older. Hormones are all over the place, stress is high, and weight loss seems like an unattainable dream. A woman over 40 generally has a harder time shedding those extra pounds than she did in her twenties or thirties, but with the right attitude and a few little known secrets it can be done. Today, women of this age know that life is just beginning; their self confidence is high, they know they are sexy and beautiful, and they aren’t going to let a few pounds stand in their way!
Losing Weight at 40- What Changes at Getting Older
If you have already reached this age (or perhaps even gone past by a few years,) you know that losing weight at 40 is no picnic. In the past, you could simply cut back a bit for a few days and the problem was solved! Now, weight loss takes a bit more effort but it really isn’t all that difficult. At this stage of the game, what a woman over 40 should do is to take a different approach, and consider their entire lifestyle, not just focus on shedding that 10 or 15 pounds. In doing so, you will experience a more energetic, vibrant life while enjoying good health and youthful looks for years to come.
Weight loss is not just about cutting back on snacks and fatty foods, it’s about creating healthy eating habits that sustain your good health and slim body permanently. Losing weight at 40 requires nutritious, low fat foods, exercise, stress reduction and plenty of rest. All of these things combined, along with raging hormones, can make a woman’s body get out of control, and you must regain control. Does this mean that all you have to look forward to for the next 30 years is eating diet foods, yogurt, tofu and carrot sticks? No way! People have the misconception that in order to be slim, you must eat like a bird and never enjoy your food. Hogwash.
Here are a few tips that will help any woman over 40 in your efforts to eat healthier and achieve a slim, strong body:
Tips for Losing Weight at 40
- Fat burning foods. Foods that contain high levels of vitamin C help burn fat at a fast pace. Some of these foods include broccoli, cabbage, grapefruit, oranges, apples, lemons and limes. Foods high in vitamin C help limit the amount of fat that is absorbed by body cells.
- High fiber foods. Oats, cereal and other whole grain foods contain a good amount of fiber, which increase metabolic rate and assist the body in burning calories quicker.
- Stress reduction. If you have a great deal of stress in your life, this can account for weight gain, particularly around the belly and waist. Stress causes the body to produce high levels of cortisol, which can have negative affects on the body when levels are too high. This includes increased abdominal fat, which puts women at a higher risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Exercise. Many people can hardly bear to hear the word, but once you actually start exercising you will find that you almost become addicted to it. You will feel better, look better, have more energy, and find that you get depressed far less often. Some exercises such as pilates and yoga not only help give you long, lithe muscles, they also help reduce stress.
Losing weight at 40 can actually be a fun experience! Like most things in life, it’s the “getting started” that you have to overcome. Once you start eating a healthy, balanced diet you will find that the foods are delicious, you feel satisfied, and you actually look younger from head to toe. Skin is luminous, your hair really is your crowning glory, and your body will look better than ever. Any woman over 40 can actually begin a whole new life and love the way she looks and feels, which brings about a feeling of confidence like never before.
Weight loss doesn’t have to be a drag! Look at it with a new perspective; you aren’t just trying to get rid of a few bumps and bulges here and there, you’re creating a whole new you – from the inside out.
Article end at blog:
Recommended reading for “losing weight at 40″:
- Women after 40- Hormones and What to Eat- Balance Your Hormone System And Lose Weight
- Losing Weight at 40
- Losing Weight at 40 – Use These Meal Preparation Tricks to Lose Weight
- Fight Stress Weight for Losing Weight after 40
- Hungry After Exercise? For Women over 40
- Does Losing Weight at 40 Seem an Impossible Feat?
- Think a Woman Can’t Lose Weight After a Certain Age? Here’s Why
- Good Healthy Diet to Lose Weight
Comments on “losing weight at 40″? Use the comments section below! I love to hear from you.
©2010 CatchYourCalling.com, LLC, All Rights Reserved.