Women Over 40 Hormones And Weight Loss
For many women over 40 hormones and weight loss are an endless battlefield.
Is it getting harder and harder to lose weight permanently? Do you feel you are eating less than you used to but you are still gaining weight? This might have to do with your age- and the female hormone system makes permanent weight loss after 40 for women even harder.
Let’s understand what is going on so you can take these changes into account- it’s easier to solve problems when you know what causes them.
There are two groups of hormones responsible for your weight and your figure: the sex hormones (especially estrogens) and the thyroid hormones.
Women Over 40 Hormones And Weight Loss- Estrogens
Estrogens are responsible for the typical female figure: They form bust, thighs, belly and backside, slim the waist and soften the skin. And: A high level of Estrogens reduces the appetite. Another important hormone is DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone), used by the body to manufacture many other hormones. DHEA prevents excess calories from being stored as fat – these calories are burnt instead. Over 40, Estrogens and DHEA levels are reduced, making it harder to lose weight permanently for women over 40.
Women Over 40 Hormones And Weight Loss- Thyroid hormones
Thyroid hormones contribute to digestion and metabolism. If the thyroid gland works properly, we feel energetic, are in a good mood and enjoy a nice figure and smooth skin. But: The thyroid is very sensitive and disturbances affect the whole body.
Women Over 40 Hormones And Weight Loss- Changes After Menopause
After menopause the hormone system changes, leading to change in the body. Subcutaneous fat cells fill up and increase their size- and unfortunately the normally stabilizing collagen is reduced too. This leads to wobbly lumps of fat- and the reduced Estrogen fires up the appetite. Often the level of thyroid hormones is reduced too in women over 40 leading to reduced metabolism.
All of these effects make it harder for women over 40 to lose weight permanently. Nevertheless, you can achieve healthy weight loss using natural ways to lose weight permanently. For women over 40 hormones and weight loss do not have to be an unresolvable issue! For a free program using natural ways to lose weight permanently for women over 40 click here:
Recommended reading on “Women Over 40 Hormones And Weight Loss”:
- Your Hormones- What You Need to Know About Hormones To Lose Weight Over 40
- Permanent Weight Loss Over 40
- The Balance On Your Energy Accounts Is Making You Fat
- Women Over 40 – Can A Hormone Make You Fat?
- Women over 40: How would you like to Lose Weight Permanently While You’re Sleeping?
- Women after 40- Hormones and What to Eat- Balance Your Hormone System And Lose Weight
- Weight Loss Plans for Women over 40: Are You Having a Difficult Time Being Consistent With Any Weight Plan or Diet?
- 5 Easy Hormone Boosters For Women After 40
- Can’t Lose Weight Permanently Over 40? Do You Know An Inconvenient Truth?
- Why Are You Hungry?
- How Growing Fat Cells Threaten Weight Loss Over 40
- Any Tips For a 40 Year Old Woman That Can’t Lose Weight?
©2009 CatchYourCalling.com, LLC, All Rights Reserved.