Diets for Women Over 40
Diets for Women Over 40 Help You Achieve a Slim, Toned Body You Will Be Proud Of
Are there diets for women over 40 that really work? For a woman over 40, an attempt to lose weight often leads to disappointment. It seems like you have tried everything under the sun, and still your tummy, hips or thighs are bigger than you’d like.
You always heard that these things begin to happen when you reach a certain age, but you never thought it would happen to YOU – and now it has. Is there any hope, or do you simply have to be unhappy with your body for the rest of your life? Even if you think you’ve done it all, you can lose weight; and no, you don’t have to resort to crash diets to get exceptional results.
Diets for Women Over 40- Problems
The problem that a woman over 40 often experiences is that you try a diet, lose a few pounds, then as soon as you start eating normal foods again it all comes back – and then some. The diets for women over 40 discussed here offer REAL solutions that not only keep the weight off for good, but make your body healthier overall. When you eat good foods rich in nutrients, your heart functions better, you will have a good blood pressure, and likely a lower “bad” cholesterol level. When you need to lose weight, the answer does not lie in eating 800 calories a day, simply because this is not a way of eating that you can sustain for years.
A woman over 40 often faces an entire arsenal of problems: bloating, hormonal imbalances, a sluggish metabolism and fluid retention. It sometimes seems as though it all assaults you at once, leaving you feeling fat, out-of-shape and to put it bluntly, unattractive. It’s time to snap out of those hum-drum blues and take action!
Below, you will find various diets for women over 40 that offer real, sustainable results. We’re not going to tell you to eat tofu, carrot sticks and rice cakes, and no, it isn’t pre-packaged 300 calorie diet meals or magic “super fat burning” pills. Just genuine, healthy advice that will enable you to shed those extra pounds and keep them off without a constant effort.
- Cut down on carbohydrates – As women age, their ability to process carbohydrates diminishes. This means that instead of getting stored as energy, these carbs get stored as fat. Rice, potatoes, flour, pasta, and other “white” foods are usually high in carbohydrates, so cut back a bit in order to lose weight.
- Add protein to your diet – A woman over 40 needs more protein in the diet to build and maintain muscle, and muscle burns fat. No, you won’t have to bulk up like Hulk Hogan; just a small amount of muscle has the ability to burn fat and calories around the clock. Foods like chicken, egg whites, fish and peanut butter contain high levels of protein.
- Make other small changes – Instead of vegetable oil, start cooking any fried or sautéed foods in olive oil. Drink green tea instead of soda; it has antioxidants and is good for boosting metabolism. Eat 5 to 6 small meals instead of 3 large meals. This not only helps keep you full so that you aren’t tempted to snack, it also helps rev metabolism.
While diets for women over 40 are designed to help you in your efforts to lose weight, there are still a few other things you should incorporate in to a healthy lifestyle such as plenty of sleep, time for relaxation, and exercise. For a woman over 40, a good combination of exercise and healthy eating habits offer results you will not only see in the mirror, you will feel them as well!
- Why Can’t I Lose Weight at 40 Years Old
- How to Lose Weight Permanently
- Think a Woman Can’t Lose Weight After a Certain Age? Here’s Why
- Women Over 40: The Top 10 Dangers Threatening Your Permanent Weight Loss
Do you have a comment on “Diets for Women Over 40″? Use the comments section below! I love to hear from you.
©2010 CatchYourCalling.com, LLC, All Rights Reserved.